"K, you don't NEED to buy that!"
"K, why haven't you worn this dress you bought in the US yet?"
"K, don't go for one of your lunchtime 'walks' you know it will only result in spending your money."
"K, yes it's a bargain, but do you really NEED all three colours?"
"K, you should really get off your butt and re-cull your shoe collection."
"K, your eBay items are not going to photograph themselves..."
I could go on and on.
Apart from the bow belts and tweed peplum skirt (which I wrote about this post), I also bought enough to fill half a wardrobe from Cue during their sales including a few items for this coming Summer. So in short my wardrobe is full again!
|My wardrobe DOES NOT look like this anymore :(|
As per my 'one in one out' culling strategy this year, to make room for these new additions I have culled the following items:
- WITCHERY snakeskin pumps... too high;
- TONY BIANCO wedge booties... not worn these since I bought my ACNE pistols;
- MOLLINI button detail booties... not worn a long time;
- CUE:DION LEE slit sleeve blazer... it's impeccably cut, but the sleeve slits were just too weird for me;
- COUNTRY ROAD black silk dress... it tore;
- COUNTRY ROAD animal print silk dress... it tore;
- WITCHERY animal print dress... not cut right for my bootylicious booty;
- GORMAN grey dress... I tried to wear it again after it went AWOL for a couple of years, but I changed into something else each time as it was not quite right anymore;
- GORMAN black dress...same dress as above but in black - so ditto;
- ZAYT black cigarette pants... great fit but to think that I will ever fit into them is a pipe dream; and
- CUE black bow detail skirt... it didn't make me feel great anymore when I wore it.
Looking at this very short list I'm not certain whether I managed to strictly adhere to my 'one in one out' rule (because as I said my wardrobe is FULL again).
My original idea was to blog about each new item I bought and the resulting cull item at the same time, but LIFE got in the way of that as much as I enjoy keeping this blog. When I say LIFE I mainly mean house hunting over the weekends (that's EVERY weekend - agh!). Also my boyfriend and I are now experts at losing auctions ... let me know if you need any tips.