Lately I have found myself obsessing about my face (vain, I know). I have general concerns about uneven tone, dryness, redness and achieving flawlessness but my particular concerns are as follows:
- A spring chicken I am not. I'm starting to see the first signs of ageing having found myself on the wrong side of 30 some time ago now. The lines appearing around my eyes sadden me. It's really happening - I am getting old :(
- I have deep-set eyes that are a little close together. Let's just say that I do not look to Kate Moss for eye makeup inspiration. Further all this talk about contouring creases is completely irrelevant to me unless I'm doing a Halloween makeup look.
- Dark circles are my nemesis. More so than just the average shadowing caused by the fact that my eyes are deep-set and that I don't sleep enough. My Mother recently commented on a photograph of me that I looked sick around the eyes...
- Extreme cheek and nose dryness has plagued me this Winter. My skin has been very flaky. Appropriate moisturisers are one thing but smooth application of BB creams and foundations are a whole new kettle of fish.
- "Allergy" is my middle name. Red raw dermatitis on my eyelids and lips occasionally flares up. I have a prescription cream of course, but I don't like using it as it causes thinning of the skin. I also suffer from hay fever which gives me the I-cried-all-day look all spring long.
Recently, I have spent many hours watching beauty youtubers and reading consumer reviews about creams & potions, primers, foundations, concealers, BB creams and tinted moisturizers. I'm in search of products which will hopefully become my HG (holy grail) products to plump up my skin and products to create a flawless base. Of course reading reviews only goes so far, as one can only know if a product will work for them by trying it for themselves. I'm very keen to try Clinique's Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector and Mario Badescu's Control Cream.
Do you have any issues which you strive to fix with miracle potions?
Have you seen results upon using a product regularly?
Are you interested to read about bloggers' beauty routines and their HG products (I know I am).