Walking through hay fields in Wisconsin...

One of the most unfortunate things about going on a long, wonderful and relaxing holiday, is that one day soon after you return, you will feel like you never went in the first place...

Although before I left I could not contain my excitement about visiting New York City, one of our most cherished memories from our US trip was visiting our dear friends in Minnesota and taking a day trip to stay on a our female host's parent's property in Wisconsin.


Cardigan - MARNI for H&M
Necklace - MARNI for H&M
Jeans - Nudie "High Kai"
Boots - Country Road
(regrettably culled during our holiday to make room for new stuff).

For a while there we racked our brains trying to figure out how we too could lead a simple life on a beautiful property.  Fast forward one month and nothing has changed to how it was before...  We are back to the rat race and I'm listing culled items on eBay *sigh*.


4 comments:

  1. Great post:) I really like your blog..do you have twitter or FB??

    If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No twitter or FB for my blog at this stage... maybe one day.
      Will most definitely check out your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely photo, captures the essence of the scenery so perfectly - and do I spy a topknot? And you culled the boots? Criminal! But you are forgiven, I am having to face up to a fresh, seasonal cull as we speak, although creating listings seems to exhaust me, so the goods simply pile up and make me nervous! Sadly having to part with a couple of my apc items, too, so a sad time really. Their clothes so often fit me oddly, which is such a shame.

    I am glad that you are home safe and sound now, though! I do hope the adventure was as wonderful as it sounds! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Topknot is pretty much the only way I wear my hair, apart from when it's down - which is almost never :)

      Yes I culled the boots and I miss them. First culling mistake I think, but they were starting to fall apart anyway.

      You must get on top of it and list your culled stuff on eBay. I have almost sold all the stuff I culled over the past 9 months and it feels great. Like you though, I need to cull again.

      Holiday was spectacular - epecially our time in Wisconsin and Minnesota x

      Delete