My diminishing suitcase packing list for a Europe holiday in earlySpring

Well I'm here in France! I never got to publish my packing list before we left Australia, because as per usual I was too busy with work and sick (yes again! This time with the flu) before we left. I guess now I can add some preliminary notes.

Packing light for just over a month away is no mean feat for some one who enjoys dressing up... but it's very important for someone who also enjoys to shop whilst away.

What worked really well for me back in 2012 when we traveled to the USA, was packing a diminishing suitcase. This means, that apart from the staples, I also packed a few items that were on their last legs.

I did the same on this occasion and specifically 'saved' a few bits and pieces from my recent wardrobe cull to take with me, so that as I travel across Europe acquiring new stuff, I will get rid of this old stuff hence making room in my suitcase.  It's also a really good way to just get rid of worn out pieces that you find yourself clinging onto, even though honestly the items belong in the bin.

My packing list (items in red text are the pieces destined for the bin):

Coats and Jackets
  • Etoile Isabel Marant Kady leather jacket in tan
  • Etoile Isabel Marant tweed blazer in dark grey
  • Fleur Wood felt wool blazer in light grey (worn on Day 2 in Nice)
Day 2 outfit

Dresses
  • Etoile Isabel Marant Prewitt dress in black & ecru (can be dressed up or down)
  • Trenery check dress in navy

Knits
  • Etoile Isabel Marant Falk sweater in black & natural
  • Country Road knit in light grey 
  • Indie designer light knit in black

Tops
  • Country Road long sleeved striped jersey top with zip
  • Country Road crew neck long sleeved striped t-shirt
  • 2 x SABA striped breton top in black and white
  • Jane Lamerton striped Breton top in cream and ink navy
  • Country Road long sleeve tee in grey marle
  • SABA white tee  
  • Layering tops
  • Seamless tank tops in black, grey and nude

Jeans/Pants
  • Country Road skinny jeans in blue
  • Nudie skinny jeans in black
  • Zara cropped cuffed trousers in black
Shoes
  • Isabel Marant Dickers in tan*
  • Isabel Marant Jenny in dark grey*
  • Country Road Winona ballet flats in black*
* After walking 20 km around Nice and Monte Carlo I have decided I need to buy sneakers. Walking on cobble stones and up a million stairs is a bit different than walking the streets of New York...

Miscellaneous/Accessories
  • Statement necklace in black
  • Scarf in black
  • Socks
  • Opaque tights in black
  • Undies
  • 2 x bras (one nude and one black)
  • Pyjama pants (with daytime layering tops as pyjama tops)
That's it.  In case you are wondering the above list includes what I wore on the plane.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's a good idea - taking things that you can then cull along the way to make a little extra room in the suitcase. I usually avoid bringing much make up/toiletries as I find that, and shoes tend to be the biggest killer. You should get a pair of Nike frees or roshe runs if you haven't already, they;ll probably be perfect for all the walking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up buying a pair of black and white Nike Roshe Runs in Paris - they were actually a killer the first time I wore them, as my feet were not used to the arch support!

      Delete