On knowing what's you no matter what the trends

 "It's easy to feel like you've got nothing to wear, but it's also a signal of identity problems.  If you've got a well-developed sense of identity, you tend to know what's you no matter what the trends. Nothing I buy ever looks new, because I have my look down, and it's classic" - Anjelica Huston.

Quoted in article by Merle Ginsberg "I've got nothing to Wear. No, Really." Harper's Bazaar (US) September 2006.
Photograph by Bob Richardson, Image Source.

6 comments:

  1. Well said, I read somewhere that having nothing to wear really means that we don't have something that expresses who we want to be on that particular day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's somewhat less harsh than what Anjelica thinks... I think that at the beginning of this process had I read that quote I would be ringing to book an appointment with a shrink!

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way about my own wardrobe. Whenever I buy something new, I wear it all the time. It helps that I'm attracted to simple clothing in neutral colors that match everything, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you. Hopefully one day soon this can be me too.

      Delete
  3. This is such a fantastic quote, I hope you don't mind if I repost it on my blog!
    xo

    ReplyDelete