For the last couple of weeks I have really focused my energy into finally photographing and listing all my culled items. It's a massive task, but seeing racks and tubs of stuff which could crystalise into cash was really starting to grate on me. So just the other day I spent 5 hours washing, ironing, and photographing, before finally sitting down to list the items on eBay. I presently have 41 items on there - the most ever! This after already having sold a fair few items over the past couple of weeks. I'm actually getting rid of more stuff than I'm bringing into the house lately, which feels awesome!
Some items are surprisingly popular, while others are just sitting there looking like they might not sell. 6 years ago, had I listed a bulk lot of Country Road and Witchery tops, bidders would be falling over themselves to try to secure a bargain. Today, my listing has 1 watcher. That's right, 1 watcher! I smell a recession...
Anyway, part of the reason for my furious eBaying is that in February I completely exhausted my eBay kitty which I had diligently saved since last October. I also spent all the Myer One vouchers which were burning a hole in my wallet (so much for saving them for a new laptop). Although I've done my bit to keep the economy spinning, it makes me officially poor. Well, poor in the sense that I can't buy what I want anymore (a first world problem, I know. It's not like I actually need anything).
So what did I buy, I hear you ask:
- T.L. Wood dresses x 3 - the sleeveless ones are so comfy like you would not believe and machine washable too. I also think the black spotty one will look good layered in Winter.
- SABA white t-shirt - I actually don't really need this, but I bought it to make up the amount to be able to use a $50 voucher SABA sent me. It's loose and comfy.
- Country Road embellished shoulder 3/4 sleeve top - I was tossing up between the navy and the khaki stripe and ended up going for the khaki to wear with my taupe IM Dickers as the matchy-matchy element of my outfit.
- SABA breton tops x 3 - I love these.
- Country Road black ballet flats - the jury is still out on these.
- Rag & Bone "Newbury" knee high boots - I stalked these online all season.
I will sign off on this blog post as I always do and say that my pant and skirt wardrobe is severely lacking. Although I am moving forward in that I did have a bit of an Oprah light bulb moment today whilst trying on all the skirts in Country Road. I realised that I shouldn't even go there until I lose some weight. It's pants for me for now...